Friday, January 15, 2010

My Biography


I would like to welcome you to my new blog. On this page I will post a different painting every day and give you an artist statement for each piece. This will give you an inside look at my work and who I am. My first post is a biography me and my art. Thanks for visiting!

Kate Barkauskas was born in Long Island New York. Her art career began when she moved to Manhattan to study fine art's at the Fashion Institute of Technology. After a year she transferred over to The Art Students League where she could study painting as well as sculpture. Kate’s passion for sculpture and painting lead her to complete her bachelors degree in Fine Arts at The School of Visual Arts in N.Y.C. in 2003. Her art can be classified as abstract and expressionism. Her philosophy is “As long as I have the tools to create, the art will create itself.” Over the past couple of years her art has changed and grown as she has. Different phases of her life are reflected in her work, keeping things fresh while modifing her style. Kate’s paintings are created by a process of layering different mediums. Her paints of choice are typically acrylics, oils, polyurethanes, shellacs and glazes. Kate resides in San Diego, where she continues to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment